Special Instructor - Potter County
CARE for Children is seeking a part time Early Interventionist/ Special Instructor to provide developmental services approximately 10-20 hours per week and make a difference in the lives of children birth to age 3 at home, and in community settings in Potter County. The Special Instructor will build a caseload and create their own schedule.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Working one-on-one with a child with developmental delays
- Designing the learning environments and activities that promote the acquisition of skills by an infant or toddler with a disability in a variety of developmental areas, including cognitive processes, communication, adaptive skills, and social interaction.
- Providing the family with information, skills and support related to enhancing the skill development of the infant or toddler with a disability.
- Working with the infant or toddler with a disability and family to enhance the infant or toddler’s development.
- Using the Early Intervention Coaching Model to engage parents
- Implementing individual service plans
- Writing timely and appropriate session notes/ reports
- Entering notes/ Billing into EMR System
- Ability to collaborate effectively with child's team (parents/teacher/caseworker/etc.)
- Independent completion of pre-service training and ongoing yearly training as required
(1) A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in early intervention, early childhood special education, early childhood education, child development, special education or family studies, and 1 year of full-time or full-time-equivalent experience working directly with children with disabilities and their families or a university-supervised or college-supervised student practicum or teaching experience with young children with disabilities and their families.
(2) A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university which includes 15 credit hours in early intervention, early childhood special education, early childhood education, child development, special education or family studies; and 1 year of full-time or full-time-equivalent experience working directly with young children with disabilities and their families; and demonstrated knowledge, understanding and skills needed to perform the functions specified (relating to early interventionist responsibilities).
CARE for Children provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Tina Martin, Executive Director, CARE for Children, PO Box 616, Bradford, PA 16701 or email as a PDF or Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate: $30 - $35.00 per hour + mileage