Special Instructor to provide Birth to Three Services
CARE for Children, a leading provider of children’s services, is looking for a qualified, modified full-time (32 hours per week), Special Instructor to provide Early Intervention services in the Kane Area and Warren County.
Job Title: Special Instructor
Classification: 12 month or 12 month modified
Reports to: Executive Director
Therapy Services Director
Summary of Responsibilities:
To provide Early Intervention, screening and community outreach services to children birth to five.
Special Instructor: to provide services for children birth to three, identified by the Early Intervention program, with developmental concerns/delays in the areas of cognitive development, speech and language development and social/emotional development. Special Instructors will have the ability to design the learning environments and activities that promote the acquisition of skills by an infant or toddler with delays or disabilities in a variety of developmental areas, including cognitive processes and social interaction; provide the family with information, skills and support related to enhancing the skill development of the infant or toddler with a disability; and work with the infant or toddler and coach the family to enhance the infant or toddler’s development. Early Intervention services are family-centered, meaning that services/supports are based on the family’s strengths, needs, concerns, priorities, and resources. Services are primarily conducted in the child’s natural environment.
Special Instructors may staff community outreach programs which could include community-based events, screenings, Child Find activities, child safety and injury prevention programs, and therapeutic recreation activities as needed.
To perform related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in early intervention, early childhood special education, early childhood education, child development, special education or family studies, and 1 year of full-time or full-time-equivalent experience working directly with young children and their families or a university-supervised student practicum or teaching experience with young children and their families.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as requested and participate in agency-related activities.
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal relations skills and the capability of relating positively to different constituencies including co-workers, fellow providers, volunteers, and most importantly children and families.
- Initiative, the ability to work independently and good judgment are required.
- Position requires a self-directed and conscientious professional capable of working with a high degree of autonomy.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to relate also on the level of the service recipient.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work quickly, and work within deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Act 34 Child Abuse Clearance; Criminal Background Check Clearance; FBI Clearance.
- Must possess valid PA Driver’s License; automobile insurance and good driving record.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for evaluating children/ providing developmental assessments while screening for developmental delays.
- Provide instruction & coaching to parents to include the following: answering questions/educating families about child development; assist with interactions between parent and child; help parents teach children to become independent, and any other issues identified in the IFSP.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner to meet standards set forth by Pennsylvania State Regulations, the County Department of Human Services and CARE for Children including reports, progress notes, and monthly billing sheets. Participate in IFSP meetings/prepare paperwork in accordance with scheduled meetings
- Demonstrate familiarity with and follow Early Intervention Program Guidelines including completing annual training hours as required.
- Assist with referring parents to other CARE services or external organizations/resources for more information/additional services if needed.
- Attends Staff Meetings and required agency trainings when scheduled.
- Promotes agency in a positive manner throughout the community.
- Maintains continuing education to update skills and for compliance with professional and program requirements.
- Participates in agency-sponsored and related special events.
- Supports the agency’s fundraising efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Essential Physical Functions:
- Must be able to perform essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodations. Employee is regularly required to talk and hear and see. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to manipulate objects and body positions. Required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
CARE offers competitive compensation, flexible scheduling, a family-friendly workplace, mileage reimbursement and a full range of benefits.
Please send a cover letter, resume and references by January 31st, 2018 to:
Tina Martin, Executive Director, CARE for Children, PO Box 616, Bradford, PA 16701 or email as a PDF or Word attachment to: email@example.com.
Substitute Classroom Aides / Substitute Teachers
Rainbow Corner Preschool a private preschool and toddler developmental playgroup for children of all abilities.
High school diploma
Prior experience working with children preferred
Act 34 Child Abuse Clearance
FBI and Criminal Background Check
Classroom Teacher requirements:
Degree in Early Childhood, elementary or secondary education
Act 34 Child Abuse Clearance
FBI and Criminal Background Check
$60- 7:30a.m. to 11:30a.m.
Rainbow Corner Preschool is part of CARE for Children a leading provider of pediatric services in McKean County.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Kimberly Engstrom, Preschool Director, CARE for Children, PO Box 616, Bradford, PA 16701 or email as a PDF or Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.